Monday, July 28, 2008

Why I fired my secretary!

Today is my 49th birthday, and I wasn't feeling too hot...
I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say "Happy Birthday," and probably have a present waiting for me.

She didn't even say "Good Morning", let alone any "Happy birthday".
I thought, 'Well, that's wives for you.'
The children will remember...
The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word....
When I started for office I was feeling pretty low and despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary, Betty said,
"Good morning Boss, Happy Birthday."
And I felt a little better someone had remembered!
I worked until noon.....
Then, Betty knocked on my door and said,
"You know, its such a beautiful day outside and it's your birthday,
let's go to lunch, just you and me."
I said, "By george that's the greatest thing I've heard all day.
Let's go."

We went to lunch. We didn't go where we normally go...
We went out into the country to a little private place.
We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.
On the way back to the office, she said,
"You know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"
I said, "No, I guess not." She said, "Let's go to my apartment."

After arriving at her apartment she said,
"Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable."

"Sure," I excitedly replied. She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes, she came out carrying a big birthday cake, followed by my wife, children and dozens of friends.
They were singing "Happy Birthday".......

......... AND I SAT THERE ON THE COUCH, NAKED.......

No comments: